A Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe!
Thanksgiving is almost here! This year I’ll be hosting dinner, and am so excited to be serving one of my favorite recipes to my guests – my organic bone broth recipe. Not only is this bone broth delicious, but it’s incredibly healthy and a treat that your guests will love!
Organic Bone Broth
*Ingredients should be 100% organic*
- Chicken feet (2 lbs)
- Turkey necks (1 lb)
- Chicken necks (1 lb)
- Beef bones (1.5 lb)
- Carrots (3 large)
- Onions (2 large)
- Garlic cloves (3)
- Jalapeno (1, cut in half)
- Lemon (1, cut in half)
- Sea Salt (1 TBSP)
- Black pepper corn (1 TBSP)
- Parsnips (3 large)
- Leeks (2 large)
- Celery (2 stalks)
- Kohlrabi (2)
- Parsley (1 half bunch)
- Dill (1/4 of a bunch)
PREP – Wash all ingredients and cut all vegetables into large pieces.
- Gather a large pot that will hold all ingredients and fill with water.
- Salt all bones with Kosher salt, and then rinse off in cold water.
- Place rinsed bones in the pot so that the bones are covered in water. Enough water should be added so there is room for the vegetables that will later follow.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Drain the broth and rinse the bones.
- Return to boiling the broth with sea salt, bones and add all the vegetables.
- Bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and heat and remove any scum that will arise at the top. (Continue removing the scum during cooking.) Let it slow cook for 2.5 hours.
- Let the broth cool down.
- Drain pot mixture, leaving only the broth.
- Return clear broth to the pot, and add chopped carrots – let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Optional – Before serving add finely chopped dill to sprinkle on the top.