How to Transform a So-So Waxing Service Into A Successful Business
Go above and beyond your client’s expectations and your business will grow: that is my mantra when it comes to succeeding in the skin care business. One unique way you can truly create a fabulous, unexpected experience that keeps your clients returning week after week is to re-imagine your waxing service. Here’s how:
For some, waxing can be an uncomfortable experience, but it doesn’t have to be! With a little creativity, it IS possible to turn a waxing service into a relaxing spa experience. Today I’m going to share the protocol for our SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax Ritual, a concept we developed to change the traditional way of waxing. This treatment has been featured on EXTRA TV and has been awarded “Best of New York” by New York Magazine. With this relaxing, innovative ritual, waxing becomes a service that can actually be enjoyed, not dreaded. Just like a massage or facial, and can be relaxing and even virtually painless.
Repêchage SeaSmooth Aristan Seaweed Wax Ritual
Watch below to see the treatment in action, and read below to see the full step-by-step process of this unique way of waxing.
Before your client arrives, prepare the room so that it is inviting and comfortable. Have a robe ready for the client’s arrival. Cover the table with a disposable sheet. Place a beautiful bowl on the floor under where the clients head will rest. Fill the bowl with decorative accents such as flowers and calming aromatherapy oils. This detail adds to the sensory experience.
Once your client has changed into the robe, assist him/her onto the bed lying face down.
- Spray alcohol on the area to be waxed. Use dry towel to remove any oil or cream from the skin.
- Use a dry brush to help exfoliate dead skin cells and help reduce ingrown hairs.
- Using a clean spatula, apply wax to the skin in the direction of the hair growth using one long, smooth movement. Always use a clean spatula. NO DOUBLE DIPPING!
- Place Repêchage Muslin Strips over wax, leaving space to pull the strip. Apply gentle pressure to the strip and quickly pull back in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Do not pull up on the strip as this can cause breakage which will lead to ingrown hairs or even skin bruising.
- Once you have finished waxing the back of the legs, massage frozen Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel.
TIP: Freeze a small portion of Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel in a small plastic cup or ice cube tray and apply it cold to the skin.
- Massage the skin with Repêchage Vita Cura® Triple Action Nutrí Oil to seal the skin’s barrier and provide deep conditioning benefits.
- Place a warm towel on the legs, then remove and pat dry.
- Assist client in turning onto his/her back to continue the waxing ritual.
- Apply Repêchage Lamina Lift Mask™ onto client’s face to refresh and help hydrate the skin.
- Continue with the waxing process on the rest of the area to be treated. Apply frozen Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel followed by the Repêchage Vita Cura® Triple Action Nutrí Oil.
- Complete the experience by placing a warm towel over the waxed area.
- Remove the Repêchage Lamina Lift Mask™ from the face.
- Recommend appropriate home care to complement waxing service and keep skin smooth and healthy.
- Make sure to rebook in 4 weeks or as needed.
Are you featuring this service on your spa menu? Has it helped your wax business? Tell me in the comments below!