My Favorite Healthy Winter Soup Recipe
I truly believe in the saying “Healthy skin starts from within.” A lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and exercise will help promote beautiful skin. Sticking to a healthy diet doesn’t have to be hard or include boring foods. One of my favorite healthy foods to make is a delicious, homemade healthy winter soup loaded with skin-friendly and healthy spices including turmeric, curry, and cayenne pepper. Often I make this soup and bring it into the Repêchage offices (my staff goes crazy over it), so I thought I’d share the recipe with you all to try as well.
- Carrots – 4 large sticks, sliced
- Onions – 1 large, chopped
- Butternut squash – 2 lb., cubed
- Organic vegetable stock – 2, 32. oz. containers
- Turmeric – 1 TBSP
- Curry – 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper (optional*) – 1/4 tsp
- Kosher Salt – 1 TBSP
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 TBSP
- In a large pot heat the olive oil (don’t burn it!), add garlic and onion and lightly sauté.
- Once golden, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix it and continue to sauté and stir for 7-10 minutes.
- Add enough organic vegetable stock to cover all ingredients.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes-1 hour or until all ingredients are soft.
- Turn off the heat.
- Use a homogenizer and blend all the ingredients to a puree.
- Taste test, and if needed, add more salt.
Optional: Serve this winter soup with toast, bread or corn muffins.
And if you’re looking for a yummy salad recipe to introduce this spring, check out my favorite spring salad recipe!