A Bikini Wax With a Soothing Twist: the NEW! Repêchage French Style Bikini Wax
“Vagina massages”, “vajacials”, and” bedazzling your vulva” – these treatments have been in the news of late. But, while these treatments sound interesting and claim to get rid of acne and ingrown hair in this delicate area, they do have their down-side. Women often had to wait as much as 14 days after a bikini or Brazilian wax, and some found the treatments a bit too up close and personal. No more! Borrowing from the most effective facial treatments available, Repêchage CEO and Founder Lydia Sarfati has created the Repêchage French Style Bikini Wax, an entirely new waxing program that makes the experience more comfortable and effective by utilizing potent, natural seaweed and other ingredients to soothe and restore the sensitive area immediately following the waxing treatment. What’s more, women can finally hit the beach or pool immediately following without any tell-tale signs of redness or irritation.
Always the innovator, Sarfati was motivated to create the Repêchage French Style Bikini Wax to bring real skin care ingredients and science to this often uncomfortable treatment, helping reduce redness, as well as prevent ingrown hairs immediately following the waxing treatment. To do this, the area is first depilated with the unique, seaweed-based Repêchage SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax®, followed by the application of small, frozen cubes of Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel to the waxed area. Immediately afterwards, the area is treated with an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant Seaweed Mask, taken from the most effective skin care facial in the world, the Four Layer Facial®.
The reaction? After our recent Master Class, one recipient gushed: “I love that this treatment is performed right after the bikini waxing, and that it didn’t take long. It instantly soothes and restores the area with the Relief Gel cube and Seaweed Mask, and doesn’t feel as intrusive or intimate as the other vagina facials.”
Having a wax that keeps the skin in mind is what inspired Sarfati to create the Repêchage SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax and Repêchage Olea Europea Hard Wax, the two waxes used in the treatment. Ingredients that help prevent redness, irritation and even the most sensitive skin, including Repêchage’s exclusive Laminaria digitata seaweed, aloe vera, safflower oil, and zinc oxide, are the key players in the SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax. The Repêchage Waxing is Relaxing™ concept, which transforms an ordinary waxing treatment into a full spa ritual where clients can relax and enjoy their treatment has helped spas and salons transform their traditional waxing menu offerings worldwide. Featured on Extra TV, the unique formulation combined with a real spa-like experience also helped Repêchage SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax be named “Best of New York” by New York Magazine.
One salon, Salon CoCo Bond of Shrewsbury, NJ, has had success so far in featuring this new treatment on their spa menu. Christie Citsay of Salon CoCo Bond says clients are loving this new treatment, stating “Adding the Seaweed Mask to our bikini wax treatments has been such a success! Clients love how instantly soothed and cool their skin feels. The seaweed mask hydrates and conditions the delicate skin of the bikini leaving the area feeling calm, refreshed and clean! As an added bonus, the spa-like feel of the service gives us the opportunity to introduce our clients to Repêchage body products (such as the Repêchage Vita Cura Nutrí Oil, Sea Spa Glow, and Seaweed Body Cream) as well as other services!”
How exactly does the treatment work? Here is a full step-by-step of the treatment:
Repêchage French Style Bikini Wax Protocol
- Soothing, cooling and hydrating for the skin
- Helps to prevent inflammation and redness
- Helps to prevent ingrown hairs
- Helps to prevent firm the skin around the vagina region
Before the client arrives prepare the bed with proper linens, disposable sheet and towels.
- Using a clean spatula, apply Repêchage SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax® to the skin in the direction of the hair growth using one long, smooth movement. Always use a clean spatula. NO DOUBLE DIPPING! Utilize this wax on the pubic bone area, inner thighs, and buttocks area.
- Place Repêchage Muslin Strips over wax, leaving space to pull the strip. Apply gentle pressure to the strip and quickly pull back in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Apply pressure on the area waxed. Do not pull up on the strip as this can cause breakage.
- Take a small amount of Repêchage Olea Europea Hard Wax and apply on both labia majora areas. Pull back the wax strips using your fingers. Apply light pressure on the area.
- Have the client bend the legs towards the head and wax the area around anus.
- Continue with the waxing process on the rest of the area to be treated.
- After the waxing process is completed apply Repêchage Herbal Astringent or alcohol and blot with soft tissue.
- Apply frozen Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel on the areas waxed to sooth and cool.
TIP: Freeze a small portion of Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel in a small plastic cup or ice cube tray and apply it cold to the skin.
- Apply Repêchage Seaweed Mask
- Mix Seaweed Powder (3A) and Gel (3B) in a rubber bowl and begin application starting at the top of the pubic area, then the inner thighs, and down over the labia.
- Leave the mask on for 10 – 15 minutes. While mask is on, offer the client a hand massage using Repêchage Sea Spa Hand Cream or Vita Cura® Triple Action Nutrí Créme.
- Peel off mask by loosening the edges of the mask with the fingers and gently peeling the mask off. Remove excess residue with damp cotton squares.
- If prone to ingrowns, apply a small amount of Repêchage Hydra Medic® Mattifying Moisturizer.
- Complete the treatment by recommending at home care products, such as Seaweed Body Cream and Vita Cura Triple Action Nutrí Créme.